Friday, February 12, 2010


The name of the blog is the maximum amperage that will get sent to the motor. Let's start with the motor. It's a series DC beauty, a Netgain Transwarp 7 prepared by Jim Husted with a custom variable timing ring. The timing in a DC motor should be zero at zero RPM, and 15 degrees advance at full RPM. Jim does not usually sign his motors, I asked him to do it for me because I'm a big fan of his race results: he built the motors in the worlds quickest electric vehicle, the Killacycle which does zero to 60 in 1 second... with 168 mph at the end of the 1/4 mile. Jim is also the nicest down to earth guy you will ever meet. My car is not going to be quite as quick as killacycle, I'm planning on 60 mph in 4 seconds and 80 mph top speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers